Indice del forum Miodesopsie.it
Il portale sulle miodesopsie

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti   Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati   LoginLogin 

Floaters & quality of life...

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Generale
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
vitto78

MessaggioInviato: Gio 14 Mag, 2009 22:14    Oggetto: Floaters & quality of life... Rispondi citando

finalmente si fa sempre più strada un nuovo approccio verso le patologie oculari che tiene conto soprattutto dei disagi del paziente nel vivere la propria vita.

Quality of life a central parameter in assessing results of all procedures in ophthalmology

PARIS — Quality of life has become a central parameter in the evaluation of the outcomes of all procedures in ophthalmology. However, more standardized criteria and methods to assess quality of life are needed, according to Béatrice Cochener, MD, president of the French Society of Ophthalmology.

The European Symposium of this year's SFO meeting focused on this topic, looking across all subspecialties, from refractive and refractive cataract surgery to glaucoma and retina procedures.

"We have learned over the years that assessment of life quality necessitates a series of data and have started developing the means and the technology to collect and process them," Dr. Cochener, the moderator of the section, said.

The quality-of-life assessment starts with functional symptoms.

"The first step is asking patients to report any sign of visual discomfort: sensitivity to light, poor vision in specific light conditions, glare, halos, foreign body sensation, pain," she said.

Contrast sensitivity is another important indicator and is now measured quantitatively by objective tests.

Aberrometry has given "a tremendous impulse" to the concept of quality of vision and customization of treatment to individual needs, Dr. Cochener said. In addition, a number of increasingly sophisticated questionnaires on vision have been applied to practical daily activities.

Dr. Cochener also noted that refractive surgery has played a primary role in raising the issue of life quality.
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Generale Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: