Indice del forum Miodesopsie.it
Il portale sulle miodesopsie

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti   Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati   LoginLogin 

I'm really scared :(

Questo forum è chiuso. Non puoi inserire, rispondere o modificare i Topics   Topic chiuso    Indice del forum -> Il medico risponde
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
RedhousePils

MessaggioInviato: Ven 20 Mag, 2011 9:43    Oggetto: I'm really scared :( Rispondi citando

Hello guys, hello doc,

I just want to ask you a question:

Since a few weeks I have some symptoms really scaring me:

When I move my eyes from side to side on bright or white background (sometimes dark background, too) I can see tiny flashing spots.
They are from the size of a LED spot and disappear as quick as they came. Its like someone is switching on a small LED lamp.
Everytime I try to reproduce the situation buts impossible. Last sunday I saw very bright flashes and went to the emergency, everything was OK.
Yesterday I was again at a normal eye doctor because of the white spots - everything OK with the retina but no declaration why I see those bright spots.
Since the beginning of this year I was on average weekly at the fundoscopy - a situation which nearly kill my nerves.
Do you also have those bright dots (sometimes at the diameter of 1cm)? When they come from floaters then it should be reproducable, shouldn't it?

After reading texts like "15% risk of a retinal detachment if you are nearsighted (I have 4,5/3,75 diopters) and have symptoms like flashes" I'm going crazy.
I always think: I will definitively have a retinal detachment, there is no way around Sad

So I have the following situation:

- I think it's something at the retina
- My doctors think it's the normal blood circulation
- My GF thinks it comes from floaters reflecting the light (and I have a mass of floaters - and a very few more if I squint my eyes) or blood circulation

To the point of blood circulation: My blood pressure is very often 150/90 with a pulse of 90 and I'm at the age of 27 - could this be a declaration for these symptoms ?

Another symptom is: Every bright light source creates bright afterimages on eye movement.

At the moment I take Miodesol (I'm at the third month - could this create some of my problems, too?), Lutein, Blueberry Extract (it's said about both being good for the retina) and Vitreolux (with bioflavonoids), antiallergics and eye drops for dry eyes.

Every fundoscopy had the same result: Retina is fine with no thin spots - about a PVD every eye doctor says something different (the most say "you have no PVD", some say "you have a PVD" and some say "you have a vitreous detachment on the front, maybe").

I'm really depressed because I don't want to go the rest of my life every week to the eye examination with the damn dilation.
My eye doctor says: You don't have to come x weeks - only if you see flashes. My problem: I cannot say if these bright white dots are flashes to. So I go to the examination => you see the circle of doom?
An appointment for an OCT takes 3 months, 150 kilometers one way and 50 Euro for the examination (at my current situation 1500 kilometers and 200 Euro a month - lol).

Sometimes at work, if I'm really concentrated, everything seems so fine - but most of the day I could cry Sad

I hope you can help me in some ways Sad

As always: sorry about my english - I hope you could understand my text Smile
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
RedhousePils

MessaggioInviato: Ven 20 Mag, 2011 14:11    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

I've forgotten one thing: When I squint my eyes there is no single free square centimeter where no floater is, do you have the same?
Everything is full with dots, strings and so on Sad
Torna in cima
anonimo

MessaggioInviato: Sab 21 Mag, 2011 11:29    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

I personally don't experience what you describe. Perhaps you should ask another doctor, if you don't believe what the current doctor is telling you Wink
Just wait for the examination
Torna in cima
RedhousePils

MessaggioInviato: Sab 21 Mag, 2011 11:54    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

In the past 4 months I was at 10 different doctors at the emergency Sad
Torna in cima
RedhousePils

MessaggioInviato: Sab 21 Mag, 2011 11:59    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

10 different doctors at 15 examinations at the emergency and 5 times at my normal eye doctor.
Torna in cima
anonimo

MessaggioInviato: Sab 21 Mag, 2011 12:06    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

If they all told you not to worry, i think you could trust them. When i was supposed to have a beginning of retinal detachment and retinoschisis, they made me the ultrasound scanning and other examinations the very next day at the hospital.
If they would consider your condition that serious, they would probably make examination the soonest possible.
Torna in cima
RedhousePils

MessaggioInviato: Sab 21 Mag, 2011 12:17    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

They always told me: your retina is perfect. No thin areas. Don't worry but watch for lightnings, black rain or blind spots. But they could not give me an explanation for the flashing dots I see on bright backgrounds. The problem is that I'm in fear because I've read of the 15% chance for a retinal detachment if you have a symptomatic PVD (Sirvaro wrote that). And at some Internet pages you could read of a higher possibility if you have 3 diopters and more and on other webpages they write of 6 diopters and more. So it would be nice to hear the meaning of dr Sirvaro about my flashing dots and the chance about a retinal detachment
Torna in cima
SIRAVO

MessaggioInviato: Ven 27 Mag, 2011 8:35    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

THAT'S QUITE SO!!

Un caro saluto.
Prof.D.Siravo
siravo@supereva.it
http://drsiravoduilio.beepworld.it
Cell.:3385710585
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato Invia email
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Questo forum è chiuso. Non puoi inserire, rispondere o modificare i Topics   Topic chiuso    Indice del forum -> Il medico risponde Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: