Indice del forum Miodesopsie.it
Il portale sulle miodesopsie

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti   Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati   LoginLogin 

cosa si percepisce durante una vitreoctomia?

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Vitrectomia
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
vitto78

MessaggioInviato: Mer 08 Ago, 2007 17:30    Oggetto: cosa si percepisce durante una vitreoctomia? Rispondi citando

uno studio sulle čercezioni visvie del paziente durante un'operazione di vitreoctomia tradizionale:

Patients can experience visual sensations during vitrectomy, study finds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most patients who underwent pars plana vitrectomy involving retrobulbar anesthesia reported experiencing visual sensations during surgery, a study by researchers in Tokyo found. Although few patients were frightened by their sensations, the authors recommend surgeons warn patients about such possibilities to minimize their intraoperative stress and anxiety.

Eiko Sugisaka, MD, and colleagues at Keio University School of Medicine questioned 56 men and 45 women aged 30 to 89 years regarding their experiences during pars plana vitrectomy performed using 2% lidocaine hydrochloride.

Patients averaged 62.2 years of age. Of the 101 cases, 22 eyes had an idiopathic epiretinal membrane, 10 had an idiopathic macular hole, 29 had macular edema resulting from either diabetic retinopathy or retinal vein occlusion, 14 had proliferative diabetic retinopathy, 13 had rhegmatogenous retinal detachment, four had proliferative vitreoretinopathy and nine had other retinal diseases, according to the study.

The researchers found that 91 patients (90.1%) experienced visual sensations, which included seeing lights in all cases. Additionally, 73 patients (72.3%) reported seeing at least one color and 57 patients (56.4%) reported seeing movements or moving objects, including instruments and the surgeon's fingers or hands, the authors reported.

Only six patients (5.9%) reported finding the visual sensations frightening, the authors noted.

"Visual sensations are experienced by approximately 90% of the patients despite full pain control, and surgeons should warn patients of these possibilities because they can be frightening. This should minimize patients' anxiety and stress during the surgery," they said.

The study is published in the August issue of American Journal of Ophthalmology.

http://www.osnsupersite.com/view.asp?rid=23024
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Vitrectomia Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: