Indice del forum Miodesopsie.it
Il portale sulle miodesopsie

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti   Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati   LoginLogin 

Dr. Jerry SEBAG

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Vitreolisi enzimatica
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
TEXWILLER72

MessaggioInviato: Lun 24 Mag, 2010 18:05    Oggetto: Dr. Jerry SEBAG Rispondi citando

http://floatertalk.yuku.com/topic/3023/t/Re-Dr-Sebag-Answers-On-Microplasmin.html?page=-1

Benchè sia ormai "vecchia" di 9 mesi, questa risposta del Dr. Sebag non mi pare purtroppo molto incoraggiante...Rolling Eyes Almeno non nel breve-medio periodo... Sad
TEXWILLER72

MessaggioInviato: Gio 27 Mag, 2010 10:12    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

Dr. Sebag Answers On Microplasmin
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microplasmin will be considered by the FDA for approval in cases with vitreo-macular traction, nothing else. If approved, I suspect that there will be those who attempt to use it 'off-label' to treat floaters. I don't know if the enzyme at the approved dose will be able to break down the floaters. A higher dose would probably not be safe, or at least we don't know about higher doses than those that were tested until a study is done with higher doses.
Floaters are not the same structures as what we measured in our study. In fact, there is reason to question whether micropalsmin might not even increase floaters. While this hasn't been noticed in our research so far, the only way to determine if microplasmin is safe and effective in treating floaters is to perform a controlled, double-blind, multi-center clinical trial of hundreds of patients with floaters. Then we will know the answer to your questions.

Sincerely yours, JS
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
emarcbo

MessaggioInviato: Gio 17 Giu, 2010 22:48    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

J Sebag, MD a me
mostra dettagli 15 giu (2 giorni fa)

I did not attend the meeting in Berlin.

Here are some articles and chapters for your information.
Ciao

A questo link potete scaricare il materiale che mi ha inviato il Dottor Sebag.

http://www.easy-share.com/1910998127/SEBAG_VITREOUS.zip

J. Sebag, MD, FACS, FRCOphth, FARVO
Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology
University of Southern California
contact info:
VMR Institute, a Medical Corporation
7677 Center Avenue, suite 400
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Tel: 714-901-7777
Fax: 714-901-7770
jsebag@VMRinstitute.com
www.VMRinstitute.com

Bye
Marco da Genova
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
TEXWILLER72

MessaggioInviato: Ven 18 Giu, 2010 9:45    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

Caspita Marco, c'è un sacco di materiale interessante! Appena avrò il tempo lo leggerò tutto! Cool

Grazie per averlo inserito! Wink
emarcbo

MessaggioInviato: Dom 08 Ago, 2010 19:11    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

Ciao
Ecco una email fresca fresca appena ricevuta da J.Sebag

Jerry Sebag 08 August at 19:46 Report
There will one day be a drug injection (Sebag J: Pharmacologic vitreolysis – premise and promise of the first decade. Retina 29:871-4, 2009), but that may be a decade or more away. Today, I perform minimally invasive, sutureless vitrectomy that takes 10 minutes under local anesthesia in an out-patient surgery center. Please call 714-901-7777 to schedule an appointment. Sincerely, J. Sebag, MD, FACS, FRCOphth, FARVO

Ecco il link della sua ultima pubblicazione in merito all- argomento

http://www.retinalphysician.com/article.aspx?article=104016

Jerry Sebag 8 agosto alle 19:46 Report
Ci sarà un giorno una iniezione di droga (Sebag J: vitreolysis farmacologico - premessa e la promessa del primo decennio. Retina 29:871-4, 2009), ma che può essere un decennio o più di distanza. Oggi, pratico vitrectomie mini invasive, vitrectomie sutureless che durano 10 minuti in anestesia locale in un centro di chirurgia ambulatoriale. Si prega di chiamare 714-901-7777 per programmare un appuntamento. Cordiali saluti, J. Sebag, MD, FACS, FRCOphth, FARVO

Bye
Marco da Genova
Torna in cima
alvind

MessaggioInviato: Lun 09 Ago, 2010 6:33    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

Hello Marco

I think what Sebag is saying is that an injection that will do the vitrectomy all by itself is he believes still a decade away.

In my understanding there are two problems that make the vitrectomy surgery untrivial. The first one is the problems during the surgery such as retinal damage. Enzymatic vitrectomy can improve this part. The second one is the post-surgery problems such as cataracts, retina eudema, changed eye pressure, etc. Post-surgery problems are because there is yet no good artificial vitreous replacement gel. During vitrectomy surgery, the surgeons fill the eye with something, and then the eye segretes its anterior chamber liquid to replace that something.

If done in good hands, I believe the surgical problems can be minimized even with today's medical techniques. However, the post-surgical problems will be there and they will cause a series of other surgeries like cataracts. So the most major problem with the vitrectomy operation is that there is no good artificial vitreous replacement gel.

Floater patients are only a very small minority of patients who are considered for vitrectomy. There are hundreds of thousands if not milions of vitrectomy operations performed every year and every surgeon would like to see the availability of such a gel.

So you should ask Dr Sebag why the opthalomologists could still not develop this gel. I am an engineer, and we can communicate over thousands of kilometers over fiber optic cable. This is no less technological challenge than the development of a vitreous replacement gel. Why is this part of the modern medicine so "backward"?

Alvind
Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Vitreolisi enzimatica Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: